Stories of #GoodChange
Hope for Ukraine, 1 Year On
It’s been a year since the invasion of Ukraine began. UNHCR’s refugee count as of March 3 is at around 1.2 million people. As an organisation advocating on the rights and protection of children, Good Neighbours condemns the brutality against civilians and is deeply concerned over the plight of Ukrainian children. We stand with international agencies in calling for the immediate ceasefire and cessation of hostilities.
Read the full GN Statement below.
- Good Neighbours have supplied 92,387 households with essential relief items across Ukraine, shipped medicines and medical equipment to over 80,081 people, provided cash assistance to 1,442 Ukrainians in Romania, supported another 945 with housing expenses and offered transport services from Romanian border sites to 2,351 refugees.
- We’ve assisted 2,230 children with Romanian language courses to facilitate integration and local schooling opportunities.
- We’ve also provided first aid Mental Health and Psychosocial Support services to 15,449 children transiting across border points, visiting UNICEF’s safe spaces or residing in Romanian border towns.
- As of March 3, Good Neighbours humanitarian response team has been dispatched to Romania with the goal of supporting refugees in collaboration with local communities and authorities.
- Good Neighbours lauds the efforts of local and international communities to ensure that the essential needs of the refugees are met and that adequate protection services are accessible wherever they are.
- Good Neighbours pledges to taking urgent action in support of displaced persons in Ukraine and refugees seeking safety in bordering countries where help is most needed.
Thanks to our generous donors, Good Neighbours Australia was able to support Ukrainian refugees to rebuild their lives in a safe environment.
Emergency Relief for Displaced Ukrainians Report
Stand with Ukraine
Managing menstrual hygiene at school has become a key challenge for girls, especially in rural areas in Africa, where safe, clean water and toilet facilities are often inadequate and period products are considered a luxury. Through the Better Life for Girls Project, Good Neighbours Australia is raising awareness, funds and gift-in-kind donations to create better lives for girls